As part of our ongoing commitment to security, the Unix Infrastructure group will be conducting its quarterly system patching on Friday, March 16th and Saturday, March 17th. While many of the systems will be patched without any service disruption, there are some systems which require the downtime of key services. The schedule below outlines which key services will be offline and for how long.
Friday, 3/16/2018 between 5pm and 8pm (most systems will only be down for a short period during this time):
- The web hosting environments (virthost and jabba) will be partially unavailable (pages will be available but any database calls will not work)
- Access to Cyrus and UMBC Webmail (accounts not migrated to UMBC Gmail)
- All mail will be queued up and delivered after the server is patched
- Expected to be unreachable from 5pm to 7pm
- All HFS (user) servers will be offline
- Certain software licenses will be unavailable (autodesk, cadence, idl, schrodinger, xilinx, mathematica)
Saturday, 3/17/2018 between 10am and Noon(most systems will only be down for a short period during this time):
- myUMBC lite page will be up resulting in reduced myUMBC functionality
- Wiki will be unavailable
- The sites (wordpress) web hosting environment will be unreachable
Please let us know if you have any concerns or questions.
Manager of Unix Infrastructure