As part of our ongoing commitment to security, the Unix Infrastructure group will be conducting its quarterly system patching on Friday, February 22nd and Saturday, March 8th. While many of the systems will be patched without any service disruption, there are some systems which require the downtime of key services. The schedule below outlines which key services will be offline and for how long.
Friday, 2/22/2019 between 5pm and 9pm (most systems will only be down for a short period during this time):
- The web hosting environments (virthost) will be partially unavailable (pages will be available but any database calls will not work)
- Access to Cyrus and UMBC Webmail (accounts not migrated to UMBC Gmail)
- All mail will be queued up and delivered after the server is patched
- All HFS (user) servers will be offline
- Certain software licenses will be unavailable (autodesk, cadence, idl, schrodinger, xilinx, mathematica)
Saturday, 3/8/2019 between 9am and 11am(most systems will only be down for a short period during this time):
- myUMBC lite page will be up resulting in reduced myUMBC functionality
- Wiki will be unavailable
- The sites (wordpress) web hosting environment will be unreachable
Please let us know if you have any concerns or questions.
Manager of Unix Infrastructure