Are you ready for the move? At the end of the Spring 2021 semester, DoIT announced that test scoring services were moving to Akindi, a Scantron alternative. During this transition, we will be offering faculty many opportunities to learn more about implementing Akindi bubble sheets when delivering face-to-face, multiple choice assessments.
This training is recommended for all faculty that plan on deploying paper-based assessments in their courses.
Training will be offered on:
Note: Faculty only need to attend one of the above sessions; the sessions are repetitive.
By the end of this session, faculty should be able to:
- Create an Akindi assessment in their Blackboard course shell
- Add an answer key to an assessment
- Generate, download, and print PDF Akindi bubble sheets for distribution.
- Upload completed bubble sheets into an Akindi assessment
- Mitigate errors and flags from assessments that may need manual review (e.g., bubbling two responses, missing ID).
- Locate the scores of Akindi assessments in Blackboard
- Review bubble sheet analytics
- Return the scanned, electronic bubble sheet to students
To RSVP for the event, please click “Going” on the corresponding myUMBC event (linked above) and be sure to add the event to your calendar!
Instructors that wish to continue using Scantrons for their bubble sheet assessments will still be able to do so during this transition throughout Fall 2021.
Follow our Instructional Technology myUMBC group to stay up-to-date when training dates will be announced. Until then, instructors can:
- Review the Transition from Scantrons to Akindi Comparison Guide (uploaded below)
- Follow the Instructional Technology & DoIT myUMBC groups
- Check our extensive FAQ collection
- PIVOT | Academic Continuity | Keep On Teaching | Student Technology Resources
- Open a ticket via RT
- Request a consult with instructional technology staff