The Maryland Open Source Textbook (M.O.S.T.) Initiative is now accepting session proposals for the 2021 M.O.S.T. State Summit, which will take place virtually April 8-9, 2021.
The theme of the 2021 conference is Using OER to Advance Equity and Inclusion. The COVID-19 pandemic and continuing patterns of racialized violence have brought to the forefront inequities in educational access, preparation, and experiences on our campuses. How might the use of open educational resources (OER) advance equity and inclusion at our postsecondary institutions and statewide?
This call invites proposals for short concurrent presentations, birds of a feather sessions, and panel discussions related to this theme.
We are especially interested in proposals that:
- Demonstrate how institutions, units, and groups have been reflective about their use of OER and how they are exploring the contours of equity and inclusion in relation to OER;
- Share strategies to modify, remix, and curate additional resources to diversify and extend the cultural relevance of OER materials;
- Describe concrete strategies for reducing and eliminating barriers to engaging with OER for faculty, students, and/or staff;
- Showcase faculty and student work with open education in Maryland, and highlight resources created and adapted by Maryland faculty and staff; and
- Examine the relationship between OER, pedagogical innovation, and student success.
The submission deadline is February 5, 2021, with notifications sent out by February 19, 2021.
Learn more and submit online: https://www.usmd.edu/cai/most-2021-state-summit