As part of our ongoing commitment to security, the Unix Infrastructure group will be conducting its quarterly system patching on Friday, November 17th and Saturday, November 18th. While many of the systems will be patched without any service disruption, there are some systems which require the downtime of key services. The schedule below outlines which key services will be offline and for how long.
Friday, 11/17/2023 between 5pm and 10pm (most systems will only be down for a short period during this time):
- Access to Cyrus (legacy) email (accounts not migrated to UMBC Gmail)
- All mail will be queued up and delivered after the server is patched
- All HFS (afs) servers - gl.umbc.edu home directories will be offline
- Between 9:00pm and 10pm only: Certain software licenses will be unavailable (autodesk, cadence, idl, schrodinger, xilinx, mathematica).
- Between 9:00pm and 10pm only: The web hosting environments (virthost) will be partially unavailable (pages will be available but any database calls will not work)
- Between 5:00pm and 6:30pm only: LDAP-Master and Webadmin will be taken down for system maintenance. During this time account creations and password changes will be unavailable. Account authentication and logins will not be affected.
- myUMBC lite page will be up resulting in reduced myUMBC functionality
- Wiki will be unavailable
Please let us know if you have any concerns or questions.
Tim ChampAsst. Director of Research and Enterprise Computing
Posted: November 6, 2023, 10:52 AM