Skill Builder & Ultra Essentials workshops focus on core components of Blackboard, Collaborate, and other instructional technologies at UMBC. They are intended as introductory workshops for users who need to learn how to use core components & supporting technologies, or for users who want to refresh skills.
By the end of the Blackboard Collaborate Ultra workshop, faculty should be able to:
- Identify the various session and user roles
- Describe the difference between Participant and Moderator
- Identify how to use the Sharing Content Tools
- Describe the steps to record a session
- Examine active learning strategies to get participants involved in the sessions
- Create breakout rooms and polls
- Identify Collaborate features that support the needs of users with disabilities
- Explore and interact with the new gallery view interface
- Describe how gallery view can be used for live remote proctoring
To RSVP for the event, please click “Going” below and be sure to add the event to your calendar!
This webinar will take place in a Blackboard Collaborate virtual conference room. Enter the webinar up to 15 minutes before the start time. Use the "Join Online Event" link above to join the session.
Prior to the event
For the best viewing experience, we recommend using Chrome or Firefox, preferably the most recent updates to those browsers. Closing any unnecessary browser tabs will help conserve your bandwidth.
If this is your first time joining one of our webinars, please review the Bb Getting Started Guide or our Quick Start Guide for All Users. You will also find additional helpful information for using Blackboard Collaborate at our extensive FAQs.
At least 5 registrations are needed for this session to proceed as scheduled. The session will be recorded if two or more people attend and the link will be distributed to everyone who registered.