The FAQs often contain short video demos of how to do something followed by a step-by-step text guide. Becoming as self-sufficient as possible is a good goal, regardless of whether there’s a current (temporary) demand for IT support.
Key FAQ topics for continuity of operations include the following:
- Review DoIT’s recommended technology and software resources
Make sure you have the equipment and software needed to work remotely.
- How to Sign Up for e2campus Text Alerts
Get the latest on closures, delays or status of campus-wide interest and importance.
- How to Use Duo two-factor authentication & other UMBC account maintenance.
Safeguard your UMBC account from being phished or hacked.
- How to Use the Virtual Private Network (VPN) to emulate an on-campus Internet connection
Take the campus network with you, protected from the bad guys.
- How to Use Webex for online, virtual meetings (now available in Google Calendar).
It’s the next best thing to being on campus — if we can’t.
- How to Use Virtual Desktop Environment (VDE)
Uses the same on-campus computer lab or a PC workstation.
- How to Use Blackboard & other online tools (e.g. lecture capture, video chats)
Teaching and learning doesn’t have to be limited to face-to-face (F2F) settings only.