DoIT encourages faculty, staff, and students to consider a laptop or other mobile device. As part of our commitment to support the use of technology on campus please see the following resources:
- Security considerations when working from home.
- Software Downloads (note requires you log in with your myUMBC.EDU account. We have site licenses for faculty and staff to use.
- Virtual Computer Lab – if you are teaching, please be aware students may access our specialized course software from their own computer.
- Cloud storage through Box or Google Drive. UMBC provides 25 GB of storage on box.com for each account, more upon request. We also provide everyone with a Google Drive account.
- Additional support resources are available online on our FAQs or in person and by phone at the Technology Support Center.
Educational and Institutional Purchases
For educational discounts on Apple products, as well as information regarding institutional purchasing, please visit Apple at UMBC.
For personal or institutional Dell purchases, visit Dell at UMBC for more information.