UMBC supports Webex video and audio conferencing giving all faculty, staff and students accounts to host virtual meetings. Any UMBC account holder can schedule meetings and make use of the many advanced tools within the program to share their screen, and collaborate with members of our community. Everyone also has their own personal Webex room.
This Webex Advanced session is geared toward those who are proficient with the basics of Webex Meetings but want to dive deeper. In this session, we will review best practices and advanced features of Webex Meetings. In this session you will learn:
- Tips for hosting large meetings
- Using the waiting room feature, pulling attendance reports, and more.
- Sharing video clips/sharing desktop audio
- Polling, including exporting and importing questions, saving and reading results
- Scheduling through web interface (umbc.webex.com)
- Setting and disabling features such as alternate hosts, entry/exit chimes, chat, etc.
- Using the waiting room and locking meetings