New to Bb? Get your course ready for Day 1 of the semester
Date & Time
August 17, 2022, 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
For adjunct faculty who may be new to teaching with Blackboard (Bb), getting started may feel overwhelming. During this 90-minute orientation, Instructional Technology staff will review the basics of getting started with Bb Ultra to ensure your course is ready the first day of the semester.
Topics covered during this session will include:
- Converting your Blackboard course shell to Ultra
- Creating folders and modules
- Uploading content
- Externally linking to cloud storage
- Adding instructor contact information and communication expectations
- Posting announcements and sending student emails
- Creating discussion boards (including student introductions)
- Creating assignments
- Setting up a grade book to match your grading schema
Additionally, adjunct faculty who are more familiar with Blackboard and want to learn more about other UMBC-supported technologies can be enrolled in a self-paced, asynchronous course.
To RSVP for the event, please click “Going” below and be sure to add the event to your calendar!
*Note: This session will only proceed with 10 or more registrants.
Prior to the event:
This webinar will take place in a Blackboard Collaborate virtual conference room. Enter the webinar up to 15 minutes before the start time. Use the "Join Online Event" link above to join the session.
- For the best viewing experience, we recommend using Chrome or Firefox, preferably the most recent updates to those browsers. Closing any unnecessary browser tabs will help conserve your bandwidth.
- If this is your first time joining one of our webinars, please review the Bb Getting Started Guide or our Quick Start Guide for All Users. You will also find additional helpful information for using Blackboard Collaborate at our extensive FAQs.
- After joining the session, please configure your audio. Having trouble accessing Collaborate? Please see our Troubleshooting Audio Problems or Networking Issues for Collaborate guide.
For instructors who have not yet received their myUMBC account and would like to attend this training, please email Susan Biro at email@example.com.
This session will be recorded. If you are unable to attend and would like to receive a copy of the recording, please still mark "Going" on this event!