About this Event
Instructional Technology presents our monthly series, Feature a Teacher and Tool. In this one hour webinar, we will showcase a faculty member on their use of a specific technology tool and how that tool supports their teaching and learning experience with students.
Kristen Anchor, Lecturer, Media and Communication Studies, is our featured faculty member for the month of April. Kristen will share and reflect on her experience using the New VoiceThread Assignments feature in MCS 101 this semester.
VoiceThread is a learning tool for enhancing student engagement and online presence. With VoiceThread, instructors and/or students can create, share, and comment on images, Microsoft PowerPoint presentations, videos, audio files, documents, and PDFs, using microphone, webcam, text, phone, and audio-file upload.
In this one-hour session we will:
- Identify VoiceThread Assignment features and how they can support student engagement.
- Discuss Kristen's use of VoiceThread Assignments and provide a show-and-tell.
- Demonstrate how to create a VoiceThread Assignment.
- Answer participant questions about using VoiceThread Assignments.
To RSVP for the event, please click “Going” below and be sure to add the event to your calendar!
This webinar will take place in a Blackboard Collaborate virtual conference room. Enter the webinar up to 15 minutes before the start time. Use the "Join Online Event" link above to join the session.
Prior to the session
- For the best viewing experience, we recommend using Chrome or Firefox, preferably the most recent updates to those browsers. Closing any unnecessary browser tabs will help conserve your bandwidth.
- If this is your first time joining one of our webinars, please review the Bb Getting Started Guide or our Quick Start Guide for All Users. You will also find additional helpful information for using Blackboard Collaborate at our extensive FAQs.
- After joining the session, please configure your audio. Having trouble accessing Collaborate? Please see our Troubleshooting Audio Problems or Networking Issues for Collaborate guides.
The session will be recorded if two or more people attend and the link will be distributed to everyone who registered.