Mark your calendars! The PIVOT Special Topics pathway is designed to supplement existing PIVOT resources and enhance the instructor’s online teaching toolkit.
Dates: January 11-14, 2021
Time: 12 PM - 1 PM
Online via Collaborate
The proposed PIVOT Special Topics will feature four topics requested by faculty from the list below:
- Managing online assessments (policies, practices, formats)
- Effectively organizing course content in a Bb course shell (Ultra)
- Effectively organizing course content in a Bb course shell (Original)
- Identifying appropriate tools for content delivery
- Identifying appropriate tools for student engagement
- Strategies & tools to monitor student performance, retention & success
- Strategies to improve accessibility & Universal Design for Learning
- Strategies to increase student engagement in the live virtual classroom
- Strategies to manage tools & participants the live virtual classroom
- Improving an online course using Quality Matters
Note: Items in italics are currently trending higher based on faculty feedback.
The daily schedule will be finalized and posted to myUMBC in mid-December before the winter break. Sessions will be recorded and posted to the training archive.
As always, if you have any questions about teaching, learning and technology at UMBC, please consider the following options: