Two new reports have been added to the REX Guided Reports. Both reports can be accessed by going to rex.umbc.edu, clicking on 'Guided Reports', then navigating to the folder Student Records and Enrollment > Plan Enrollment.
1) Who Is Teaching Our Students
This report ranks the departments which are teaching the students with a plan in "your area". "Your area" is defined by you selecting a college, reporting organization (dept) or a reporting plan to identify the students in your plans. The report then ranks what departments are teaching those students by college, also by reporting org and also by subject.
2) Who Are We Teaching
This report ranks the plans of the students which you are teaching in the courses in "your area". "Your area" is defined by you selecting a college, reporting organization (dept) or a subject to define all the students you are teaching. Based on the plans of the students taking those courses, the report then ranks them by college, also by reporting org and also by reporting plan.
In both reports the ranking can be based on your selection of
·Average Grade (ranked in reverse order of lowest grade average first)
Note that a student can have multiple plans and also courses taught by multiple departments, so students can be counted multiple times in both reports. For example, in the report "Who Is Teaching Our Students", if one of my majors is taking a course in CNMS, COEIT and CAHSS, then they would be counted once in each college for distinct student count. Due to the multiple counting, the sum of the percentages will exceed 100% for distinct students.
Common questions from these reports:
Who Is Teaching Our Students
· What percentage of my majors are being taught by CNMS or Economics?
· Who is teaching the bulk of my Honors certificate students or Undergrad Studies majors?
· What are the top 10 most popular subjects that COEIT or Biology majors are taking?
· What are the subjects that my majors are having the most difficulty in, based on average grade?
Who Are We Teaching
· What are the top 5 most popular majors that MATH is teaching, other than Math?
· How much of CAHSS credit hours are serving other colleges?
Questions it will NOT answer:
· For the courses taught by Economics, WHY are 38% of the majors from Info Systems, as compared to 33% Economics?
What is the home department of the instructors leading the HONR courses teaching my Honors College students?
If you have any questions about this report, feel free to put in a ticket or contact Mike Glasser (email@example.com).
Student Records and Enrollment > Plan Enrollment > Who Is Teaching Our Students
Student Records and Enrollment > Plan Enrollment > Who Are We Teaching