To encourage, identify and exchange effective practice in the use of learning analytics, DoIT supports an annual “mini-grant” initiative especially designed to address the following:
- Questions surrounding student success and retention through graduation, especially those that explore relationships between activities and learning in one course and outcomes in other courses.
- Proposals from instructors of courses that have low success rates, are critical progression points for students, or that impart fundamental skills required for success in the major or program.
- $2k professional development award, renewable annually, directed to faculty member or department’s PeopleSoft chart string account.
- In addition to REX access, which all faculty have already, recipients also receive access to and support for Tableau for data visualization.
- Report at the conclusion of the project (conference proposals, external grant submissions, or article submissions are good substitutes)
- Participation in LA Community of Practice meetings (FYI: See SP22 series)
- Recipients are encouraged to use their results to compete for a Hrabowski Innovation Fund award.
How to Apply
Submit the following a week after Commencement each Spring term (Friday, June 3, 2022):
- A brief abstract that could be published on this site if accepted.
- Max: 3-page research project proposal.
- Brief letter of support from department chair.
For more information, or to discuss a potential proposal, contact the following:
Coordinator of Learning Analytics