UMBC is fortunate to have a strong and active analytics community where faculty, staff and even students can meet to share ideas, research and results about the use of “actionable intelligence” in the work and life of the university. Opportunities to engage include the following:
- Report Exchange (REX) Developers Meeting (every Thursday from noon to 3 p.m.)
- Report Exchange (REX) Users Group Meeting (every other Friday at noon)
- “Analytics @ UMBC” presentation & discussion (~monthly on Fridays at noon)
- Speaker Series (see our Events section)
- Learning Analytics (LA) Community of Practice (COP) Google Group (UMBC login req’d)
The campus analytics community is supported by DoIT’s Analytics and Instructional Technology groups, as well as Institutional Research, Analysis & Decision Support (IRADS).