Skill Builder workshops focus on core components of Blackboard. They are intended for novice users of the learning management system (LMS) who need to learn how to use core components & supporting technologies, or for users who want to refresh skills.
By the end of the Course Management workshop, faculty should be able to:
- Review the Ultra Experience base navigation and course navigation layouts
- Review notification settings
- Describe the difference between private and completed courses.
- Describe the difference between the UMBC enrollment process and manual enrollment of users
- Describe course access and course roles.
- Set accommodations for a student in a course.
- Review course roster, add users to course and set role.
- Run Ultra Course Preview tool & review log.
NOTE: All Skill Builder workshops are Bring Your Own Device (BYOD). Laptops are preferred. If you need to borrow a device from DoIT, please let us know 24 hours in advance.