Skill Builder workshops focus on core components of Blackboard. They are intended for novice users of the learning management system (LMS) who need to learn how to use core components & supporting technologies, or for users who want to refresh skills.
By the end of the Communication Tools workshop, faculty should be able to:
- Customize notification settings in the Ultra Experience
- Create & send a private message to one user
- Create & send a message as an announcement
- Create & reply to a discussion
- Create groups & enroll students
- Add office hours & events to the course calendar
- Describe the difference between discussions & conversations
- Create a conversation
- Review Collaborate location & activity indicator
NOTE: All Skill Builder workshops are Bring Your Own Device (BYOD). Laptops are preferred. If you need to borrow a device from DoIT, please let us know 24 hours in advance.