The end of semester is a busy time of year for everyone, especially faculty. Instructional Technology will host three 90-minute sprint sessions on Wednesday, December 11, 2019 for faculty to walk-in and request a customized consult on any number of topics including:
- Preparing for Ultra: Plan your course roadmap to optimize your transition to the new course interface.
- Tuning up your Blackboard gradebook: Create columns, drop scores, check calculations, verify weighted totals, etc.
- Delivering & configuring virtual tests: Create online tests and promote academic integrity in online testing using Bb and Respondus Lockdown Browser.
- Conquering your end of semester “to do” list:: Export your gradebook, archive your course, plan for the next term, etc.
- Checking your course materials for accessibility: Use Ally to check your accessibility meters and review alternative formats.
- Recording & sharing videos with Panopto: Flip your classroom & prepare lectures.
- Planning for snow days: Schedule, deliver & record virtual classes with Collaborate.
The December 11 sprint will across three timeslots:
Sprint 1 - 10 AM - 11:30 AM
Sprint 2 - 12 PM - 1:30 PM Meet UMBC’s comfort pup, Chip!
Sprint 3 - 2 PM - 3:30 PM
We encourage faculty to stop by at any time during a sprint -- for any amount of time -- come for 15 minutes or an hour. Whatever fits your schedule. Bring your laptop or portable device and your questions!
Light refreshments will be provided throughout the day.
Attend any sprint to enter a drawing for a Kindle Fire. The first 10 people to bring a friend to a sprint will get an Ultra t-shirt.