Integrate AI into your course preparation toolkit
Date & Time
January 10, 2024, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Have you wondered how cutting edge AI technology could transform your course preparation? What if those tools were available at your fingertips right within your Blackboard course?
Join Instructional Technology for a 3-hour workshop to explore and apply the AI Course Design Assistant Tools for Ultra courses. Discover how these tools can help plan your course organization and content creation. Learn how to use Ultra AI tools to create and develop test questions and rubrics while exploring opportunities for authentic assessment.
By the end of this workshop, participants should have an actionable plan for integrating AI tools into their Ultra course preparation.
Identify Ultra AI tools in Blackboard Ultra courses to support design and development
Construct Ultra course outlines using Ultra AI, learning objectives, and other course input
Identify and select images to visually enhance your Ultra course outline, instructional materials, and learner engagement
Develop test questions, question banks, and rubrics using Ultra AI tools, learning objectives, and pre-existing Ultra content
Explore Ultra AI suggestions for authentic assessment in Ultra courses including discussion and journal prompts
This workshop will be facilitated by the Instructional Technology team. Content is suitable for both new and experienced educators, providing essential skills to improve course design with the latest AI technology exclusive to Ultra courses.
NOTE: The AI Course Design Assistant capabilities are opt-in and the instructor is always in control of the content generated.
- Access to an Ultra course (required - please open RT if you need a sandbox)
- Learning objectives (course preferable at least 2 units recommended)
- Course content for creating test questions (e.g., minimally 1 paragraph of content; preferably, a Google/Word file with at least 200 words; ideally, an Ultra Document in your course with content)
- Recommended: Online course development training (e.g., PIVOT or something similar)
Due to the hands-on nature of this workshop, registration is limited to 20 participants. Join our waitlist.
To RSVP for the event, please click “Going” below and be sure to add the event to your calendar! Registered participants will also receive a calendar invitation from the event host at least one week before the event.
At least 5 registrations are needed for this session to proceed as scheduled. The session will be recorded if two or more people attend and the link will be distributed to everyone who registered.
JOINING THE SESSION
This webinar will take place in a Collaborate virtual conference room. Enter the webinar up to 15 minutes before the start time. Select the "Join Online Event" button to join the Collaborate session.
Prior to the Event
- For the best viewing experience, we recommend using Chrome or Firefox, preferably the most recent updates to those browsers. Closing any unnecessary browser tabs will help conserve your bandwidth.
- If this is your first time joining one of our webinars, please review the Getting Started Guide or our Quick Start Guide for All Users. You will also find additional helpful information for using Collaborate at our extensive FAQs.
- After joining the session, please configure your audio. Having trouble accessing Collaborate? Please see our Troubleshooting Audio Problems or Networking Issues for Collaborate guides.