Blackboard course shells for SU2019 were created on April 26, 2019.
The Ultra Course Preview setting is again enabled in SU2019 courses to allow faculty adoption. The Ultra Course Preview tool allows faculty to convert an existing Original course and see what it looks like in Ultra. Blackboard provides a conversion log with a list of Original features and functions that change in Ultra or those that won't carry forward if you choose to convert the course to Ultra. Faculty may also choose to use the Ultra Course Preview sandbox, which was provided earlier in the FA2018 semester, to review a course or develop one in Ultra.
- Related FAQ: How do I preview my course as an Ultra course?
- Learn what's new in Ultra for SU2019
- Meet your Ultra Faculty Ambassadors
About Course Creation
Bb shells for SU2019 are available for all courses (designated as lecture, lab, field or discussion) listed in the UMBC Schedule of Classes (SOC), provided that there is an instructor of record listed. As new course sections and/or instructors are added to the SOC by Department Scheduling Coordinators, corresponding Bb shells are automatically generated overnight.
- If you are an instructor, and your name is not associated with the course you are teaching in the SOC, please see your Departmental Scheduling Coordinator to resolve the issue. Once you are listed in the SOC, your Bb course shell will be created automatically.
- If you and your Department Scheduling Coordinator believe you are correctly assigned as the instructor of record in the SOC and you do not see your course shell in Blackboard, please submit a Request Tracker (RT) ticket via my.umbc.edu/help.
- If you need a Bb shell for a research or independent study course, please submit a new course request.
Instructors who teach multiple sections of the same course will find those enrollments merged into one Bb course shell. These sections may be split upon request by an RT ticket, which we recommend submitting at least one week before the semester starts, if not as soon as courses are created in Blackboard.
Student enrollment in Bb mirrors the official registration in SA and updates hourly. However, courses are not accessible to students by default until the instructor of record makes them available.
As always, if you have any questions, please consider the following options: