We just posted an update with the following changes:
- Group Subscriptions - Groups can now subscribe to other groups. When you subscribe, your group will pull in the public content from the group you're subscribe too. This provides a great way for groups to share content with one another without having to post content in two different groups. Spotlights, News, Events, Discussions and Media are supported, but the content must be marked "public" to be seen in another group.
- Groups Page - The Groups page now looks a little better with more emphasis on publicly visible groups.
- Dashboard Tweak - To address some confusion we changed the name of "Groups" to "Activity" and gave it a cool lightning bolt arrow icon. This was done to better reflect what this dashboard will show you... recent activity. Our plan is for this dashboard to show you new content in your groups, and comments/paws on your public content.
- Events Tweaks
- Events now default to an hour long if you change the time, instead of just 5 minutes.
- You can now add up to 99999 seats for an event instead of 99.
- Bug Fixes
- You can no longer post empty comments... whew
- Group Pages should no longer throw errors
- Fixed a bug that send you to calendar view when browsing group events.
- Miscellaneous typos and fixes
Later this week...
- Media is shaping up nicely and should be available before the end of the week. We think you're gonna like it.
- We'll add the ability for groups to subscribe to external content like RSS, YouTube, Vimeo, and Flickr feeds