- Group Feed Subscriptions - Groups can now subscribe to external content through the use of feeds. Simply enter in the web address to an RSS or Atom feed from your groups Tumblr or Blogger blog, and ever 15 minutes or so, myUMBC will check to see if you have any new content, and pull the items in as News. This is a great way for groups to continue to use the tools that best meet their needs, but still have their content shared with the greater UMBC community. In the near future, we'll allow you to subscribe to feeds from YouTube, Vimeo and Flickr.
- Profile Settings Page - We've migrated over the Profile page from the old myUMBC to the new one, with a slight revamp of the layout, but nothing major. Access it by clicking your name, just like before!
- New Frame - We've implemented a new frame for accessing content across the many, varied systems that encompass "myUMBC". This new frame keeps your dashboard and menus visible at all times, making it easy to navigate around. You can see an example by clicking on Student Contact Info from the Profile Settings page. (if you're a student of course)
- Bug Fixes
- Tons of fixes to the main Events, News, and Discussions pages so that they behave more consistently.
- You can now enter web addresses longer than 60 characters.
- Fixes a sneaky group invite bug that likes to reappear from time to time.
- And as always... miscellaneous typos and fixes.
Stay tuned. Tomorrow, we're hoping to get Media out the door. Exciting!