- Integrating the course with external calendars, including Google Calendar;
- The ability to run Item Analysis on Tests
- Improvements to the Content Editor
- Use of the new xpLlor external content tool that pulls in content from anywhere (available in summer)
- Enterprise Surveys and Course Evaluations.
Before the upgrade, anyone can see how these features look and function now by trying out a demo instance on the free coursesites.blackboard.com:
- Go to coursesites.blackboard.com to create your own free course; or
- Go to this same site to view our UMBC Bb Demo site and browse, self-enroll or login as a student.
- If you want instructor access to the UMBC Bb Demo site, you can do so by submitting an "online learning" request via rt.umbc.edu.
After the upgrade, DoIT will provide face-to-face and online "Bb Drop In" sessions. We also are very willing to support cohort-based training for departments that can assure a minimum of four (4) faculty and/or staff will be present (dates & times TBD). To request cohort training, submit an "online learning" request via rt.umbc.edu. Please use “Bb Cohort Training Request” in the subject line.
As always, for on-demand video-demos, short text tips & answers to UMBC's most frequently asked questions about Blackboard, click on the "Blackboard Help" tab inside UMBC's Blackboard system or visit www.umbc.edu/blackboard/help, which is part of a larger FAQ knowledge base at www.umbc.edu/faq.