UMBC supports Webex video and audio conferencing giving all faculty, staff and students accounts to host virtual meetings. Any UMBC account holder can schedule meetings and make use of the many advanced tools within the program to share their screen, and collaborate with members of our community. Everyone also has their own personal Webex room.
A Webex Event is like a webinar, town hall, or a stage performance.. Attendees cannot share their audio and video while panelists are able to share audio and video. Events are recommended for town halls, webinars, conferences and other large events. This Webex Events training will cover:
- Roles in Webex Event - Host, Panelists, Presenter, Attendees
- Features - Q&A, Chat, Polls, Attendance reports, Custom registration form
- Scheduling an Event by walking through the web interface
- ‘Extras’ - customize registration form, set destination URL to go to after event ends, etc.
- Closed Captioning options
- Hosting an event, including event rehearsal and best practices
- Sharing multimedia captions
- Recording and Reports