Discover how Quality Matters impacts online course design
Date & Time
December 14, 2021, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Discover how UMBC is leveraging the Quality Matters (QM) Assurance System to improve online and blended course design to support the learner's experience in this 30-minute session.
Recently, six UMBC faculty accepted an invitation to pursue QM course certification through the Quality Matters Impact (QMI) initiative. QMI leverages the official QM course review process which is managed by DoIT staff who are QM-certified and trained. These faculty are the first to submit an online or hybrid course for this high distinction of quality in online/blended course design through a partnership with the Provost’s office.
- Recall basic information about Quality Matters and UMBC's membership as part of the USM System Subscription
- Identify basic information in the Quality Matters Rubrics and how they are used to review the design of online and blended courses
- Distinguish between Quality Matters course review types
To RSVP for the event, please click “Going” below and be sure to add the event to your calendar!
This webinar will take place in a Blackboard Collaborate virtual conference room. Enter the webinar up to 15 minutes before the start time. Use the "Join Online Event" link above to join the session.
Prior to the event
- For the best viewing experience, we recommend using Chrome or Firefox, preferably the most recent updates to those browsers. Closing any unnecessary browser tabs will help conserve your bandwidth.
- If this is your first time joining one of our webinars, please review the Bb Getting Started Guide or our Quick Start Guide for All Users. You will also find additional helpful information for using Blackboard Collaborate at our extensive FAQs.
- After joining the session, please configure your audio. Having trouble accessing Collaborate? Please see our Troubleshooting Audio Problems or Networking Issues for Collaborate guides.